RUF 3400s

greenman986s

Yeah super rare very nice expensive car thoroughly worked over by RUF the ace German tuning house. If you find one buy it. They did a 3800 as well which may have been 987 only can't remember.  They also did a partially rebodied one that is even rarer -

https://www.BoXa.net/topic/100360-dont-see-many-of-these/

Edited by Ninesomething
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, greenman986s said:

I've just acquired another book on the 986 which is a compilation of road tests.

It includes a variations I've never heard of, namely a RUF 3400S - anyone know of this model?

Uber rare, as we're eye-wateringly expensive, and still are... take a look at this one...

Is this colour-shifting RUF the coolest Porsche Boxster of them all? | Classic Driver Magazine

• Like 1

the 3800 was based on a 981 and £100,000 +

Had the 991 S 3.8, some subtle styling (incl not the prettiest front bumper) and 20" alloys.

I've only seen a white one in London - and at that price it can stay there too.

Had the recent pleasure of getting up close to a Ruf R Turbo based on a 996. Chassis bought from Porsche - car built as a special RUF manufactured car.  24 made.  One RHD.  This one.  

It was bought by the owner’s father as a daily for his wife.  The owner used to be taken to school in this car by his mum.  

96k miles.  A rebuilt engine - now 700 + bhp rwd instance.  Guy showed me a video from an autobahn run with it bouncing off the rev limiter at 204 mph.  

He drives it to car meets.  He drives it all over Europe.  And he’s done close to 1000 laps of the ring it.  

FWIW his wife also has a RUF R turbo.  Hers is a conversion (Porsche vin vs Ruf vin ) and she’s done a few hundred laps in it.  

Both a great cars to get close to.  The Ruf VIN car is such a sleeper.  The closer you get the more differences you notice.  

And then the owner says “it throws a code after a few miles, here’s the keys. Take it out and see if you can recreate the problem with your diags attached. “

I bottled it.  Went out with him diving instead, while watching live readings.  

It’s an amazing thing.  I don’t impress easy on specials.  But these cars are special.  

• Like 1