What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

That sounds like a good project. Forced upon you but even so!, Interesting.

On 5/31/2024 at 9:32 AM, phazed said:

That sounds like a good project. Forced upon you but even so!, Interesting.

Yeah have learnt a lot! Got a lots done yesterday and have lots of bits available now! 
From this:

CxZTz2R.jpeg

To this in one day:

sQ9dwSn.jpegZ4qIASg.jpegttbhczr.jpeg

not too much left to do.

What is the plan with the shell? Building a new racer?

My experience with stripping is it is really fast. Assembly is usually 10 times slower!

On 5/30/2024 at 12:33 PM, phazed said:

Last one I promise...

Great videos - you seemed to be the only driver who knew about apexes 😀

Thanks. It was a great day. Was driving the little S flat out all day. Definitely felt like it needs more power! Considering most TVR’s were running 300-400 bhp, it didn’t do too badly.

Heres a little clip showing a Tuscan with the driver under instruction loosing it into the gravel at the start of his 2nd lap. Considering the instructor was there he completely cocked up the corner!

At about 1.40 mins. No wind noise as was first outing in the morning with the roof up.

• Like 1

Removed both driveshafts so I can renew all 4 CV boots in the next couple of days.

20 hours ago, phazed said:

Heres a little clip showing a Tuscan with the driver under instruction loosing it into the gravel at the start of his 2nd lap. Considering the instructor was there he completely cocked up the corner!

I can only imagine what was being said in that car. 

8 minutes ago, milner said:

Had a heart bypass operation two months ago and haven't driven my Boxster S since then. So took the car out for a thirty mile spin today, best rehab ever.

Good that you're on the mend. Best wishes.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

You took it for a blast along the bypass?

Too soon!

• Haha 1

Fitted 4 CV gators to both drive shafts. Can now refit them and my bracket welded rear silencer and cats.

1 hour ago, phazed said:

Fitted 4 CV gators to both drive shafts. Can now refit them and my bracket welded rear silencer and cats.

I think you should only have fitted two to each drive shaft 🤣

Fitted the two driveshafts and the exhaust system this afternoon. Treated the metal outer cv boot shrouds with more rust proofer and black Hamerite. Gave a coat to the driveshaft while I was there.
Nice test drive around the country lanes. I thought the car seemed a little breathless on track but down the country lanes. It seems spot on. Just goes to show how fast other cars are by comparison on track!

4uYtGGf.jpeg

Started removing any bits and pieces before it goes off to Copart. The windbreaker and fly catchers, the battery connections for my CTEK charger. I also noticed at this late stage in my ownership that I had hardtop mounting kit installed already, thought I'd take that off as it's worth a bit of money, faffed for 30 minutes before realising the hex securing bolt on one side was rounded, only correct that this car gave me one more struggle and subsequent had the last laugh.

I'm still sad it's going, but the payout was generous, the buyback wasn't, and given it's been an absolute pig to me, good riddance

17 minutes ago, Jimbop90 said:

I'm still sad it's going, but the payout was generous, the buyback wasn't, and given it's been an absolute pig to me, good riddance

We might see you again with another, or you prefer to try something else?

5 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

We might see you again with another, or you prefer to try something else?

I'd like to think so, sometime down the line, when I feel less financial pressure to do as much work as possible on it to save money / buy a "cheap" one in the first place.

Next time it will be either rainforest green or orient red, and be owned by someone like the members here, not some guy in a posh house flipping BCA cars for a quick profit 🤪