What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

11 hours ago, greenman986s said:

Thankfully new tuning forks not needed 

You will at some point, because the work you’ve done will show them up, consider looking for deals e bay etc that someone has found one in there garage / shed etc but since no longer has the car , had great results with that approach and slowly stock pile the parts, to be used when required 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ½cwt said:

stopping at the wonderful Farmshop services at Tebay

They are fantastic, I remember happening across them while staying at a friend’s in Cumbria a few years ago and thinking what an amazing place. 

2 hours ago, Halfordwill said:

Reluctantly posted my Boxster S for sale if anyone wants a well sorted 986. 

Looks like a great car at a very good price.

Attended to two of the three MOT advisories.

1. Brake pipe corroded in mounting clip. I think he was being a bit over fussy to be honest, but gave it a good scrub with wire wool to check corrosion was only on the surface. Then put a dab of Bilthamber rust killer on it.

2. Oil leak but not excessive. No big surprise. two plug tubes were weeping, so replaced them with new ones.

3. Minor leak of exhaust gases from rear silencer. Inspected this and found its started to corrode around the seam, as is standard apparently.

Plan to take the back box off in the winter and hopefully clean it up and then weld around the seam.

Failing that, get another one I suppose.

Notice it felt a bit loose on the bends on the way to work tonight. Checked the tyre pressures when I got here and they were all between 4 - 7 psi down.

Corrected that, so will give it a bit of a test on the bends on the way home in the morning.