What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Had the exhaust/manifold studs replaced on Friday.Within half an hour both back boxes were blowing out the top so taking it back tomorrow to hopefully get plated.. It's all factory so not complaining after 17 years and 110k.

On 8/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, eob said:

Taxed it. 😧 Does anyone have a spare hemorrhoid pillow?

BTW, It appears that the DVLA have stopped sending out reminders, and instead encourage you to sign up for the Driver and Vehicle portal

All well and good, unless your name appears differently on your passport and V5.
In my case it was the apostrophe in my surname which scuppered me. What a faf.

Thanks for posting this - I went to register out of curiosity and in the process realised my tax expired end of July!  Can confirm they definitely DIDN'T send me a reminder by wither post or email... sneaky.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phazed said:

Just jumping in here without knowing your history.

Did you have the new control unit programmed into the car. This needs doing before the roof will work.

Hi - thx and yes, I have PoCom so can see it is all set-up and re-program.  There may be a short somewhere in the loom, I just cannot work it out.  All the actuators work so relays are fine, the microswitches in the latch are fine, have changed the roof gearboxes and it still doesn't want to work as it should.  That and the heated seats which are coded in, but will not light up - either on the dash either any more.

So will take her to Tonbridge and see what they have to say, will put her on the classic register at the same time too.

46 minutes ago, Hainesy said:

Thanks for posting this - I went to register out of curiosity and in the process realised my tax expired end of July!  Can confirm they definitely DIDN'T send me a reminder by wither post or email... sneaky.  

I received one from GOV just the other week. I might have signed up for it here https://www.gov.uk/mot-reminder. My local garage also send me a reminder so I am well covered.

Received my PCM3 IPod to IPhone interface cable from Porsche Solihull this morning so installed the Bovee 1000 interface adapter. My hearing isn’t the best but music sounds were ok through the Bose system. Although when hooning with the roof down the carnewal gt exhaust sounds awesome so music was turned off!

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, eob said:

Taxed it. 😧 Does anyone have a spare hemorrhoid pillow?

BTW, It appears that the DVLA have stopped sending out reminders, and instead encourage you to sign up for the Driver and Vehicle portal

All well and good, unless your name appears differently on your passport and V5.
In my case it was the apostrophe in my surname which scuppered me. What a faf.

Tried this -  doesn't accepty NI postcodes. @EXY did you try?

• Confused 1

took it in for brake fluid change and found rear of brake rotors too rusty.. so have Brembo discs and Textar pads ready to go on the front once I get a booking. I remember using brembo discs on another car and being impressed with lower rusting

Bit of velcro to hold up the floppy sunvisors. Seems to work well, £3 well spent i think.

Few little bits being done by garage next week, should make a noticeable difference to driveability.

Planning a trackday at the end of october so a few bits to do before then.

15 minutes ago, MickH said:

Its one of those ones, if she needs new shoes she gets new shoes

Make sure you get some mileage out of them and enjoy them.  I have been very impressed by them on the 986.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Make sure you get some mileage out of them and enjoy them.  I have been very impressed by them on the 986.

They have been great on the rear. Much more engaging than the ps4. Haven't had them out in the wet yet though. Thats where the ps4 is supposedly better. 

15 minutes ago, MickH said:

They have been great on the rear. Much more engaging than the ps4. Haven't had them out in the wet yet though. Thats where the ps4 is supposedly better. 

They are damned good in the wet too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MickH said:

4 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

They are damned good in the wet too.

Are those on 18" rims? Goodyear/Mich Cup 2 or similar are defo on the list.. Really interested in how you rate them vs PS4 (which is what I currently have)..

19 minutes ago, fewtrees said:

Are those on 18" rims? Goodyear/Mich Cup 2 or similar are defo on the list.. Really interested in how you rate them vs PS4 (which is what I currently have)..

Yes 18s on mine.  They are fantastic and also quite a bit cheaper than the PS4 which is a bonus

• Like 1