What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

58 minutes ago, Tamás Dinya said:

Just a little something. My car came with one key only. Today finally I had another cut and cloned :)

IMG_5720.jpeg

Does the remote work on the cloned key? If it does I would suggest you keep using both of them - so the codes they generate are close to each other, otherwise they may go out of sync with the car. 

On 8/30/2023 at 10:49 PM, Paul P said:

Does the remote work on the cloned key? If it does I would suggest you keep using both of them - so the codes they generate are close to each other, otherwise they may go out of sync with the car. 

Yes, the remote works fine. The latter I dont really understand. The car recognises both keys as Key1 and Key2 (I can even set different settings by key in the board computer).

3 minutes ago, Tamás Dinya said:

Yes, the remote works fine. The latter I dont really understand. The car recognises both keys as Key1 and Key2 (I can even set different settings by key in the board computer).

Thats exactly the bit I was thinking about - did the car see two separate keys or the same key twice. So since its Key1 and Key2 then it clearly knows the difference.

If the car thought that it was the same key then eventually the remote would go out of sync with the car - but as it is you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

Did mine some weeks ago. Glad I did as some unseen connections looked quite poor!

All you need is access space and patience. Took a little longer than I expected.

• Like 1

Minor upgrade performed:

ZsRc13f.jpg

TLJL85F.jpg

3XqiiHV.jpg

I wasn’t entirely sure the black rim would work visually with the blue airbag, but now it’s in I think it’s alright. Wheel feels nice, paddles work, but ‘SPORT PLUS’ & ‘LAUNCH CONTROL’ lights don’t - it’s a 2009 car, so maybe isn’t wired for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IroningMan said:

Minor upgrade performed:

ZsRc13f.jpg

TLJL85F.jpg

3XqiiHV.jpg

I wasn’t entirely sure the black rim would work visually with the blue airbag, but now it’s in I think it’s alright. Wheel feels nice, paddles work, but ‘SPORT PLUS’ & ‘LAUNCH CONTROL’ lights don’t - it’s a 2009 car, so maybe isn’t wired for them.

I think the car will need coding to wake up the lights in the wheel - you need someone with PIWIS to turn the feature on I reckon.  

On 9/13/2023 at 10:40 AM, Takahashi said:

got all the coolant pipes delivered (£650+ worth) to start the swap over on my .1

Let me know how this goes, I need to do mine as the coolant is going down very slowly. I can rent a proper lift in a workshop for £25/hr so will probably book the lift for 6 or so hours to get it done and maybe bleed the brakes etc if I have any time left over 

12 hours ago, Crudeoink said:

Let me know how this goes, I need to do mine as the coolant is going down very slowly. I can rent a proper lift in a workshop for £25/hr so will probably book the lift for 6 or so hours to get it done and maybe bleed the brakes etc if I have any time left over 

If you are renewing everything from the engine forwards you may well be pushed to achieve the replacement in six hours. It is the sort of job that you don’t want to rush, even though in theory it is simple.

I did mine, very leisurely, including copious amounts of tea and biscuits over two days using my two post lift.

if you are handy with the spanners and have a decent selection of tools, then you will be okay. If like many others this is all new to you, just be aware…