What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

On 10/30/2023 at 8:08 AM, philw696 said:

Mines up on the two post lift at the moment whilst I'm cleaning the underside of mine ready for a fresh application misting of old engine oil with a bit of diesel sprayed everywhere.

We don't have salt on the roads in this part of France but my car was in the UK for a few years before I brought her.

She has no rust and I keep her in my workshop but it's Good Insurance as I like to use her all year round.

OLDSCHOOL !

Not knocking it but things like lanoguard have moved things on ?

12 hours ago, Paul P said:

OLDSCHOOL !

Not knocking it but things like lanoguard have moved things on ?

Totally agree but at 61 I'm Old School and being semi retired I've got all the time in the World.

The Good thing about my method it hides nothing and costs me the same.

The Guy who tests my cars here in France loves seeing them as it makes his job pleasurable and as an ex MOT tester myself I agree you can't beat a well presented car.

• Like 2

Big mechanical job today - actually a lot more fiddly than expected when you have cold fingers

Replacement fuel cap tether fitted - £2.50 inc postage from eBay as usual - although its a bit shorter than the original, it does the job.

One of those little jobs that received a "tut" from SWMBO

Saj7Umn.jpg

• Like 1

Replaced the roof switch, so now have a working roof, which is nice.

While picking up the part from the OPC, they gave me this:

7gZ7Rb4.jpg

It's huge - no idea where it's going to go...probably the bin. But what also came with it was quite funky:

ZWHXfT1.jpg

Wonder if I can spend it anywhere? 🙂 

5 hours ago, Daemoss said:

Took delivery of my brand new to me 2007 Boxster S. I find myself making excuses to go downstairs and look in the garage. 

Yeah, I still do the same a month later (well, I look out my bedroom window onto the drive). I've never been interested in badges before, I always chose cars for their value/reliability etc. The Porsche is the first 'prestige' badge I've owned and just saying I own one feels good (sad, I know). In fact, when I tell people about it, I keep hastily adding "...but it's an old, knackered one", just so they don't think I've won the lottery 🙂 

1 hour ago, nelmo said:

Yeah, I still do the same a month later (well, I look out my bedroom window onto the drive). I've never been interested in badges before, I always chose cars for their value/reliability etc. The Porsche is the first 'prestige' badge I've owned and just saying I own one feels good (sad, I know). In fact, when I tell people about it, I keep hastily adding "...but it's an old, knackered one", just so they don't think I've won the lottery 🙂 

I don’t know why I feel guilty when I say I have a Porsche as well as a DD - but like you I swiftly follow it up with it cost half the price of a new Ford Fiesta, or for the same price of a new Ford Fiesta I bought a 2 year old Fiesta and a convertible Porsche - I hope you pat her bottom every day - it’s the law! 

2 minutes ago, CAZ said:

I don’t know why I feel guilty when I say I have a Porsche as well as a DD - but like you I swiftly follow it up with it cost half the price of a new Ford Fiesta, or for the same price of a new Ford Fiesta I bought a 2 year old Fiesta and a convertible Porsche - I hope you pat her bottom every day - it’s the law! 

HR frown on that sort of behaviour these days...... 🤣

Attempted a blast out to the Peak District with @Nobbie at daft a clock however compounded with myself having a severe sketchy bowl issue ( Nurse!! ) and the weather was not at all favourable, the mission was curtailed, shame because of either issue roads were very quiet

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Should never left home , had three goes of leaving , but didn’t want to let @Nobbie down. Especially when you make the effort to get up early 

You should fit a toilet roll holder to your passenger door. It would get a fair bit of use judging by recent trips😀

56 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Utilised the heated steering wheel on the way to work.... toasty hands

Three options

1. Sudden sub zero weather in Sussex

2. Southern softie

3 Because you can

Please indicate which.

Edited by ½cwt
  • Haha 1