What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

1 hour ago, EVO Chris said:

Amazon most days!

Yep.

The best I have had is from a large IT distributor who ship from the Netherlands, massive box containing bubble wrap to hold a paper license certificate, had this more than once from them, even though I request electronic delivery of licenses 😲

4 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Elephant in a raffleElephant in a raffle

Thought I’d won an elephant in a raffle!!!

Vent pipe, anybody else had outrageous packaging?

Bloody hell Mick, have you been same alignment garage i went, that's what I had replaced two weeks ago, after mechanic snapped the end off. 

2 hours ago, Jim b said:

Bloody hell Mick, have you been same alignment garage i went, that's what I had replaced two weeks ago, after mechanic snapped the end off. 

No Jim , I knicked it while cutting a wishbone bolt out 

Finally got around to getting some paint well lacquer really put back on the front bumper when I washed it off ! 
Clay bar on order to sort the rest out...

Had to run back and check that that is definitely not bird poop and just clouds reflecting in the bonnet after I took the picture.

Some new paint

12 minutes ago, rowbos said:

^^^ Definitely looks a lot better 😎

Oh great thought you were talking about my front end ! Further up the post there is a picture of it with Homebase shampoo and no lacquer. 

Have to say the seats do look great though.

Also forgot to mention- gave it hell through the hindhead tunnel under the devils punch bowl today 😁

2 hours ago, iborguk said:

Sorted the driver's side bolster with Black ColourLock Dye

Before (sorry not the best photo but you can see the wear)

IMG_3432

After

IMG_3575

Great job! Hard backed sports seats are 😍

• Thanks 1

Just cleaned the leather steering wheel with Pears soap (the amber coloured bar) . Worked the soap into a lather with a new clean cotton cloth and worked into the wheel. After a few minutes cleaning and then wiping off with a clean damp cloth I finished off with a micro fibre towel. The results are great - nice Matt finish . Looks like a much newer wheel.  Did the handbrake and gear-lever gaiter as well. Have previously used leather cleaners such as Autoglym but the wheel was still shiny. Best 70p spent.

9 minutes ago, Del_tl1000r said:

Nice job👍👍 Was it difficult/messy to apply?

Thanks - so not as bad as I thought. Kit comes with very detailed instructions. Yes you need to cover the area, ensure the outside temp is right , start from bottom up and apply the flock within a couple of mins of applying the glue. Remove any excess within few mins of applying - blow on it (don’t be rude). Reckon if I colour match it with some pigment I’ll be hard pushed to tell difference , even as is it’s not a bad match.

35 minutes ago, lostinespace said:

MOT day, tester described the car as "mint" and proceeded to fail it on the steering rack gaiters both sides. No idea if this is diyable. Not too bad, my retrofit LED headlights and the fog lights as DRL's passed. 

2 gaiters bought off ebay for £30. Looks diyable from what I have seen on youtube, watch me eat my words. 

• Like 1