What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

The air con is working for the first time since I bought the car back in May, I can recommend the Groupon offer at ATS at the moment for £45 you get the system checked for leaks and if it’s okay the recharge the complete system, emptying out what was in there first and an antibacterial treatment (aircon bomb to you and me) - now lovely cold air - all I need now is a heatwave!

44 minutes ago, StephenM said:

The air con is working for the first time since I bought the car back in May, I can recommend the Groupon offer at ATS at the moment for £45 you get the system checked for leaks and if it’s okay the recharge the complete system, emptying out what was in there first and an antibacterial treatment (aircon bomb to you and me) - now lovely cold air - all I need now is a heatwave!

You only have to wait until Friday!

Both steering rack gaiters were secured with cable ties, the inner ones had worked loose. Offside, loads off access 5 minute job. Nearside, bloody hell. Ended up getting hold of the cable tie with a pair of grips and using a long screwdriver to push it down and tighten. Took me about an hour. Wheels off and cleaned polished inside. My bump stops are knackered and crumbly, new ones on order will fit asap as I have a 35mm drop I think they are essential. See pic. https://photos.app.goo.gl/5udy6UXkQ6AMnFWeA https://photos.app.goo.gl/trcS1YsN1y1qw7Mz9

56 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Great news. Hope it stays working. I fitted new condensers to cure mine. Stayed cold for about a month but then stopped again. I think I have another small leak somewhere but haven't bothered chasing yet...

Retest and MOT pass on the steering rack gaiters, the nearside one was tough to get the inboard cable tie on. 

Need new tyres now, coming back in the wet on Monday pushed it a bit on a roundabout and got into a tankslapper for the second time. Potenzas, old and cracked, may have contributed. Kwik fit are doing rear PS4's for £175 fitted which seems to be a cracking deal and will give me a matched set. 

Remember to keep your receipt for the tyres.

I think this offer runs until end of August and enables you to get £25 per tyre cash back:

https://car-offers.michelin.co.uk/uk/june-2020

I took a picture of the invoice, added to the site and they are transferring £100 (4x tyres) in the next two week.

51 minutes ago, Patt said:

I think this offer runs until end of August and enables you to get £25 per tyre cash back:

I took a picture of the invoice, added to the site and they are transferring £100 (4x tyres) in the next two week.

Had I known this 2 weeks ago..... Make the difference in price between the Michelin premium and the other mainstream brands.

Got to the bottom I hope of overheating issue, Stat not opening (and it’s new!!) Waiting on a replacement before I know and changed offside front wishbone ( last one of the four, it started creaking on Sunday’s run out)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Patt said:

What date does this offer start from?

Edit: never mind just remembered I got the cashback automatically on purchase.

Edited by minimoog

perhaps we have all just run out of patience ?

Either way I read your response with the same tone as your question.  Had you posted "I've looked but can't find" you may have a move civil answer.  I guess we try to train the noobs to at least attempt to help themselves.

If you want lots of responses that are even less helpful  and probably more aggressive, I would suggest using Pistonheads.

30 minutes ago, Patt said:

Either way I read your response with the same tone as your question.  Had you posted "I've looked but can't find" you may have a move civil answer.  I guess we try to train the noobs to at least attempt to help themselves.

'What date does the offer start from?' is uncivil is it? You must find interacting with people constantly challenging.

Still, if you'd gone on to read I'd already found the answer per my edit you could have kept your chippyness to yourself.

Manners costs nothing.

Editing a post after posting only to justifie yourself, Perhaps you belong on Pistonheads after all.☺️

Edited by Patt

9 minutes ago, Patt said:

Editing a post after posting only to justifie yourself, Perhaps you belong on Pistonheads after all.☺️

I have done no such thing, as anyone who can read timestamps will be able to see (not that I expect anyone to care so this will be my last post on the subject, with apologies to all).

1 hour ago, minimoog said:

I have done no such thing, as anyone who can read timestamps will be able to see (not that I expect anyone to care so this will be my last post on the subject, with apologies to all).

No need to apologise minimoog, I'm with you. 

54 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Satisfaction! 😎

Oh yes....chuffed is my word of the day. I was a little worried about the TopGear 200 cell sports cats fitted a few months ago, it only just passed emissions in the time period required by the testing equipment. I did put on some right angle lambda sensor extenders to the rear lambdas to stop the cell light from coming on, so I reckon its right on the limit for emissions? Anyhoo, all good for another year.