What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

On 7/3/2023 at 1:47 PM, steve7 said:

On Saturday I did a terrible thing....traded in my wonderful Boxster S for a 981 GT4.

I still think the Boxster is the best value sports car out there and I'm sure I'll mis it and this great forum but the GT4 was very shiny.

Steve

Pics please 😉

On 7/3/2023 at 1:47 PM, steve7 said:

On Saturday I did a terrible thing....traded in my wonderful Boxster S for a 981 GT4.

I still think the Boxster is the best value sports car out there and I'm sure I'll mis it and this great forum but the GT4 was very shiny.

Steve

Nice - any pics?

congrats.

Don't forget to update your "my ride" too 😉

I've just had the estimate in to replace my not very old X73 rear struts after one too many potholes on the main road into work....didn't expect there to be 4 digits before the decimal place !

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Patt said:

I've just had the estimate in to replace my not very old X73 rear struts after one too many potholes on the main road into work....didn't expect there to be 4 digits before the decimal place !

Good to know

I've seen the set for sale in the classifieds but I dont know if I believe lower is better now.  My standard passive damper ride height 981 is just so easy to live with.

3 hours ago, ATM said:

Good to know

I've seen the set for sale in the classifieds but I dont know if I believe lower is better now.  My standard passive damper ride height 981 is just so easy to live with.

+1👍

The kit is a great price, but I only need the rear dampers (always replace in pairs)

And after getting under the car to have one last attempt (failed) at my PSE, I think I also need a new alloy too.

POTHOLES SUCK!

66RP1VA.jpg

Got back earlier this week after spending 18 days in the Dordogne. Photo shows my Cayman basking in the sun and close to the sunflowers and pool. The roads are just fantastic near here, the car tells nme it has had a lovely time..

seemed to be quite a few cyclist about though. Quite a novelty, edge of road > grass verge. Not a pothole in sight. UK, take note!

dP04EUb.jpg

Edited by andygo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

How much, and who does the prep?

Clive Ford "The Detailer" does it. Based in Stirling.

It cost me £600 exc VAT.

Contact details are on the banner behind the car 👍

He does a good job.

11 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Clive Ford "The Detailer" does it. Based in Stirling.

It cost me £600 exc VAT.

Contact details are on the banner behind the car 👍

He does a good job.

53055882592_fb34303c92_b.jpg

Funnily enough, my second choice early this year, when looking for a 981 to replace my 987.2, was an identical looking car to yours, same colour combo and wheels.

The only thing that took it off the list was that it was higher mileage than my own car.

If you wouldn't mind, please PM me the quote too.

Mine won't budge as one side is starting to tear just like yours has.

I'm going to try visit my tame exhaust place on Friday to see if he can work some magic. I miss my PSE :(

Went from delaminating headlights to like-new headlights. Having attempted the lens replacement job myself on a previous Boxster, want to give a shout out to Neil from RENNLENS who does the job at a very reasonable cost and to the highest quality. Sent my headlights to him on Monday, got them back on Friday, top job.

Before:

6w2KdRS.jpg

After:

IcAEE2k.jpg

• Like 4