What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

SInce having multiple vaccum leaks - That ping up the same error (all due to zorst valves) I check mine when I remember.

I recall one of the first times I added 1/2-1 ltr.

I don't tend to get to worried as there are 22 ltrs in the system, it would be a noticable leak before it was a real issue !

I just put my top up down to a "burp" of an air bubble.

Never checked it for the previous years at all.

18 hours ago, Dubdubz said:

got a warning light on the dash- {separate note these 981's do seem to be a bit delicate or chatty} - which said something about coolant levels and then vanished...

So I waited till it was cold at lunch time and then topped it up...

It needed a LITRE OF COOLANT 

which seems a lot?? - where do I look for leaks? as this seems excessive... admittedly I've not checked it in my ownership - think I took the cap of when I bought it to check for mayonnaise but cant say I recall clocking the level at the time

I've got about 300 miles to do over the weekend so I'll check again then? 

Both coolant caps can leak. The one under the engine cover as well as the one in the boot.

My car overheated in a crowded Maccy's drive through last year, but cooled off again once moving.

The problem was a leaking inner coolant cap:

1. Inner coolant cap is leaking air - as coolant gets up to temp it leaks out of the cap under pressure as the lower cap is below the max coolant level.

2. When the coolant cools down again, the lower cap draws in air.

3. Repeat until you have an air bubble or air lock.

Two new caps at MLR Porsche during a minor service cured the problem, my coolant level hasn't changed a jot since then.

Of course, you could change the caps yourself?

Edited by cozzykim
speeluing miskate