Best source of touch up paint for stone chips

cooky

Hi,

I have a 2001 Boxster S in lapis blue. I've a number of stone chips I need to treat and wondered if anyone could advise the best source of touch-up paint for a good colour match?

I was looking at FixAChip and Paint2Fix. Can you still source the paints for older cars from the main dealer, and is this a better route?

Thanks,

Nick

14 minutes ago, cooky said:

Hi,

I have a 2001 Boxster S in lapis blue. I've a number of stone chips I need to treat and wondered if anyone could advise the best source of touch-up paint for a good colour match?

I was looking at FixAChip and Paint2Fix. Can you still source the paints for older cars from the main dealer, and is this a better route?

Thanks,

Nick

Try OPC, they will also post in my experience if required.

@Cooky  Try looking @ Autocolourz , if you Google them it comes up, I have used them for many colours, but some are not available, particularly pearlescent colours. The paint needs no lacquer it dries glossy, on my Indishcott red Boxster the match is stunning, as is my wife’s Chiil red Toyota, was very good on my ex Skoda Octavia metallic grey. They are worth a look.

7 hours ago, the baron said:

OPC, you will get a touch up pen and one for the lacquer for about £15 and it will be colour coded on your car.

But they don't do one to touch up the titanium grilles on S models.... (they don't even recognise it as a paint colour even though it says 9A4 everywhere it is mentioned as a part number characteristic)

4 hours ago, ½cwt said:

But they don't do one to touch up the titanium grilles on S models.... (they don't even recognise it as a paint colour even though it says 9A4 everywhere it is mentioned as a part number characteristic)

Isn't the OP talking about body work not the grills?

Just now, the baron said:

Isn't the OP talking about body work not the grills?

Yes, but just adding some colour to the tread re OPC colour codes and paint.

See what I did there?

12 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Porsche assumed that the original purchaser wouldn't demean themselves by scrabbling around on the ground with a small paint brush.🤪

Archived