WBAC

Virglas

Car booked in tomorrow at 16.00.....I’ve had text messages for weeks from them saying my car has increased in price. I’ve finally succumb as they have offered me £29375. It seems an incredible offer considering I only paid £30k for her three years ago.  Has anyone got experience of the process....are they likely to try and chip me when I get there and make me an offer £5k less because of something silly? 

4 minutes ago, Virglas said:

Car booked in tomorrow at 16.00.....I’ve had text messages for weeks from them saying my car has increased in price. I’ve finally succumb as they have offered me £29375. It seems an incredible offer considering I only paid £30k for her three years ago.  Has anyone got experience of the process....are they likely to try and chip me when I get there and make me an offer £5k less because of something silly? 

They routinely offer less when you turn up. I'd always advertise privately rather than surrender my car to the WBAC vultures, but that's just me. Ultimately, if they offer you an amount that meets your need, it's a quick way to turn a car into money. They're only taking your car because they're confident that its worth more.

I sold a BMW 330i to WBAC a few years ago. They give you a price (on the net) then at the meeting they walk around the car with a clipboard and "mark down" the car for scratches, kerbed alloys etc. They also measure the paint. Plus I got a black mark for not having the tyre inflating canister in the boot. £50 I think for that mark down.

Back in the office, the offer had gone from £4k down to £3.2k. managed to get them back up to £3.7k and did the deal.

I had already tried a couple of weeks on Autotrader, but no joy.

Plus, they class Full Service History, as a fully stamped up book. Not an inch thick folder full of receipts since the car was new. Luckily I had a stamped up book.

I later found out they were part of BCA (British Car Auctions), so the cars just go on a transporter straight to Blackbushe.

Sold a couple of cars through WBAC.  Yes,  they knock you down.  The last car I sold was to Evans Halshaw,  they do a similar thing to WBAC, but no fees.  This was a 7 series 2014 model.  Even though they are the same group as Stratstone BMW,  EH offered alot more

Edited by Ninja02

In one month I have had my valuation (not on my Boxster) go from £8.5k to £10.4k with WBAC, perhaps there's a shortage of used cars?

Agree with advertising privately first.  I've come close to px'ing a couple of times and last min thought I'd give it a go.

Sold both cars (520d with 95k and a Mini Challenge 210 - don't judge me :) ) - both sold in less than a week £1k+ more than the px/WBAC price.

I used them recently on my A45, they knocked me a couple of hundred for some stone chips and a marked alloy, which was fair enough. 
Was easy to deal with, money in the bank quick and I got what I’d paid for it a year before and in line with their quote 

all in all, very happy and stress free 

After seeing a few posts on here about WBAC I thought I'd put mine in just out of interest, and see what came back. They value it at £27,190 which probably means I paid slightly over the odds for it a few months ago (I paid £28,245).  Am I bothered?  Nope, it only becomes relevant when I sell, and that won't be happening for a VERY long time! :lol:

19 minutes ago, Davey P said:

After seeing a few posts on here about WBAC I thought I'd put mine in just out of interest, and see what came back. They value it at £27,190 which probably means I paid slightly over the odds for it a few months ago (I paid £28,245).  Am I bothered?  Nope, it only becomes relevant when I sell, and that won't be happening for a VERY long time! :lol:

Remember Davey, there is no seasonal variation on the Cayman, unlike the Boxster where prices rise as the good weather appears.

• Like 1

I've sold one car to Evans Halshaw.

Their model is dead simple: WBAC price, without their fees. They literally use the WBAC site to get the figure.

I managed to haggle them not charging a 'same day' (i.e. instant faster-payment) bank transfer.

I was surprised that the bandit (nice young Evans Halshaw man in an awful suit &.pointy shoes) only wanted to reverse my car out of its parking space, forwards c. ten meters, then reverse to park back up. "Don't you want to at least take it around the block or something?" "No, I just need to check that it will actually drive through the auction."

Overall I was very impressed. They did what it said on the tin.

Cheers, Baggers.

• Like 1

I've sold one of my cars to WBAC today. Really easy, took about 20 minutes.

Knocked off roughly £100 for a couple of stone chips, which I expected. Easy transaction and they paid more than part ex (by £4.5k!), which was only £500-1k less than retail from a main dealer. I doubt I could have got a better price selling privately.

Prices have been going up because the market is desperate for good quality used cars at the minute. Second time I've sold to them, and a great service from WBAC.

34 minutes ago, Paul O said:

I've sold one of my cars to WBAC today. Really easy, took about 20 minutes.

Knocked off roughly £100 for a couple of stone chips, which I expected. Easy transaction and they paid more than part ex (by £4.5k!), which was only £500-1k less than retail from a main dealer. I doubt I could have got a better price selling privately.

Prices have been going up because the market is desperate for good quality used cars at the minute. Second time I've sold to them, and a great service from WBAC.

Glad it went well for you. The only rule of selling is that you're happy with the transaction.

It’s done....they did chip me a bit to £29100. Quite pleased with that considering I only paid £30k just over three years ago. I think one of the reasons they offered more than the orc was that they were totally uninterested in the lack of extras....something the opc seems obsessed with.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

So you rented a Boxster for £300 per year?!

Oh the power of hindsight!!

Pretty much but there was a £1300 main service at the opc during this time...but still incredibly cheap motoring....

• Like 1