981 prices 😮😮😮

Spinjim

1 hour ago, daz05 said:

Normally I'd agree but the market has shifted and it's all relative, that's a better buy than the one at the OPC imho.

I’d rather have an OPC warranty on a 9yr old car than a small dealer warranty that won’t provide the same level of cover. Even more at that price, it’s getting to the age when stuff needs replacing not matter what the history

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

I’d rather have an OPC warranty on a 9yr old car than a small dealer warranty that won’t provide the same level of cover. Even more at that price, it’s getting to the age when stuff needs replacing not matter what the history

Visit your local OPC and they'll stick one on it, you could even negotiate the inspection and maybe part of the fee as part of the sale.

10 hours ago, daz05 said:

Visit your local OPC and they'll stick one on it, you could even negotiate the inspection and maybe part of the fee as part of the sale.

And pay even more? I’m not made of money 😂

42 minutes ago, IATM said:

what!!! Surely it won't sell at that!!?

We’ve cleaned a fair bit of egg off our faces with selling prices over the last 18 months, so I’m saying nothing!

1 hour ago, mark-yorkshire said:

718 prices seem pretty strong. Trade offering me more for My 718T Boxster than I paid for it last October. Even WBAC are offering nearly what I paid for it. 

Good chance to take the money and get yourself a 981. Just kidding...

In August 2016 I bought my 2013/13 2.7 Boxster for £35000 from Leeds OPC.

Currently on Autotrader there is a 62 plate 2.7 Boxster for £35000 from a Porsche Indy.

My current 718 is £2000 more on WBAC than I paid for it 18 months ago.

Trouble is every thing else has gone up too and when it is change time in 2 or 3 years you can guarantee prices will have tanked leaving loads of people in negative equity.

There’s another on Harbour cars, reasonably specc’d Boxster S, 16 plate low mileage for £46,500. 

Supply and demand of course but I think they’re over inflated prices, it’ll be interesting to see if they’ve still got their two Boxsters in a month or two and what price they’re at then. 

24 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Just passed a local small trader - he’s got an 04 S2000 on the forecourt today for £21k! 😳

prices really are stupid at the moment

Write and say “What do you think it is, a bloody Porsche?”

The price of everything at the moment is over inflated. I sold my house in March for £550K and that had broken the ceiling of prices in the road.  Last week a house 3 down from where my house was has just gone on the market for £625K.  I purchased my house for £597K in March and next door was told theirs was worth £660K (it has an extra bedroom) she took her chances and listed it for £750K and 2 days later had an offer for £760K with no chain.  To say she is pleased is an understatement.  Lucky for her she is downsizing.

Don't get me started on the price of basic materials and how they have gone up by at least 60-70%.    

8 minutes ago, wolverinemac said:

The price of everything at the moment is over inflated. I sold my house in March for £550K and that had broken the ceiling of prices in the road.  Last week a house 3 down from where my house was has just gone on the market for £625K.  I purchased my house for £597K in March and next door was told theirs was worth £660K (it has an extra bedroom) she took her chances and listed it for £750K and 2 days later had an offer for £760K with no chain.  To say she is pleased is an understatement.  Lucky for her she is downsizing.

Don't get me started on the price of basic materials and how they have gone up by at least 60-70%.    

not a great time to be doing building work - our builder was telling me of the increase in prices of timber by up to 50% and couldn't get cement for a while so prices rising there.

Perhaps just move again and take a sneaky £150k profit ;)

I have decided to take advantage of the sky high prices on 981's and am selling mine. Feel a bit sad really as it is a great car, but the offer gives me the opportunity to get into a newer M4 convertible for similar money.

I have quite a few nice bits to sell once the car has gone - Sport steering wheel trimmed in alcantara with paddles, Joyetech Apple car play kit, GTS rear lights, LED side indicators, full wind deflector kit. I will post them all in the for sale section in the next few days.

6 minutes ago, Madlil said:

I have decided to take advantage of the sky high prices on 981's and am selling mine. Feel a bit sad really as it is a great car, but the offer gives me the opportunity to get into a newer M4 convertible for similar money.

I have quite a few nice bits to sell once the car has gone - Sport steering wheel trimmed in alcantara with paddles, Joyetech Apple car play kit, GTS rear lights, LED side indicators, full wind deflector kit. I will post them all in the for sale section in the next few days.

Blimey, that seems a shame, but good luck with the sale anyway mate :thumbsup_anim:

Prices on the 981 do seem to have gone a bit crazy lately, but I honestly can't think of another car I would like to own more than mine (also, it is extra special to me, for obvious reasons to anyone who followed my story on here).

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Blimey, that seems a shame, but good luck with the sale anyway mate :thumbsup_anim:

Prices on the 981 do seem to have gone a bit crazy lately, but I honestly can't think of another car I would like to own more than mine (also, it is extra special to me, for obvious reasons to anyone who followed my story on here).

Thank you! I was worried about a few bits on the 981 - the air con rads need changing in the next 12 months and I am also getting a bit of fraying on the stitching on the hood where it creases. With these things playing on my mind and knowing how much I could get for the car I decided to bite the bullet. 

I am sure I will be back!

2 hours ago, Madlil said:

Thank you! I was worried about a few bits on the 981 - the air con rads need changing in the next 12 months and I am also getting a bit of fraying on the stitching on the hood where it creases. With these things playing on my mind and knowing how much I could get for the car I decided to bite the bullet. 

I am sure I will be back!

Poor show! Was the price of the M4 not sky high then?

Archived