Boxter 2.7 engine longevity ?

Piotrbjj

Impossible question, nothing lasts forever, plenty on more miles, others terminaly fail early on half the miles. Get one that has been well maintained hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. If you know the scrap value of your car with a broken engine you can calculate approximately your potential loss. Boxster have a bit more value as scrapers than, say, a Ford KA, speaking from experience.

Mines a 3.2 engine, but they are the same engine just a different bore. 2003 @82k still does factory 0-60, hasn't missed a beat. My maintenance schedule has run out of stamps, so that gives you an idea of how many oil changes it's had. Which reminds me, I need to chase OPC for the new one I ordered. 

If your going to worry about the longevity of an engine then maybe the car is not for you.,  Mines done 211,000 and the oil is changed every 3000-5000 miles, if it breaks I will fix it, no worries.

Buy - drive - enjoy

• Like 1