MPG Test

petemac

2 hours ago, petemac said:

What I did was purely a test for my own curiosity nothing more this is my first 987 and Porsche states they are good for 36 MPG so I thought I would put mine to the test that is all pure and simple if I have rocked the boat a little it was not my intention.

Regards

Pete

Sure Pete, understood. Enjoy every mile :D

my 2010 3.4S returns around 24mpg according to the computer and no complaints from me at that level. I did have one a few years back that exceeded 30mpg on a mway drive but I avoid those drives now. I use 95 RON and Millers additive to boost the octane number by 2, been doing that for years with no ill effects and it does save a few bob over time.

Keith

Has anyone tried Aguri FTC fuel catalyst pellets in their tank?

Improves MPG, reduces emissions, removes carbon build-up, restores performance. 

The scientific theory behind them is very interesting and provides conclusive proof that there's one born every minute.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Codfanglers said:

Has anyone tried Aguri FTC fuel catalyst pellets in their tank?

Improves MPG, reduces emissions, removes carbon build-up, restores performance. 

The scientific theory behind them is very interesting and provides conclusive proof that there's one born every minute.

Reminds me of when I got banned from a Ford forum  for a while when some company was trying to flog some tosh-“vortex” exhausts!

I think the claim was that it would gain you 20%increase in power,and 15% increase in fuel consumption and would work on big diesels aswell.

When I questioned how come they hadn’t sold this magical technology to Ford or GM or Volvo trucks etc ,it was all in negotiations apparently 😂

I called him a snake oil salesman and got banned for a while because he was a site sponsor!!

Some of the people in there were lapping this bullshyate up hahaha  

On 5/29/2022 at 8:42 PM, petemac said:

this is my first 987 and Porsche states they are good for 36 MPG so I thought I would put mine to the test that is all pure and simple if I have rocked the boat a little it was not my intention.

Quite right too, don’t let it happen again. 

Right guys, back to N rated tyres, auto vs manual, 986 or 987, and the best solution to the IMS risk…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Right guys, back to N rated tyres, auto vs manual, 986 or 987, and the best solution to the IMS risk…

Not forgetting 95 vs 98/99 fuels and Mobil 1 vs any other A40 Porsche oil....

@petemac all contributions are welcome.  We are a very tolerant and respectful bunch, it took months for a 'Buttercup' (Buttercup) discussion thread to get closed down when it was getting out of hand and even then it wasn't getting really pointed and personal.  A high of low mpg thread or any other matter on the cars whatever point of view is welcome.  Whether it is agreed with and some of the ideas it might bring forward?  Well, see your recent topic on tyre pressures....

Not sure if either or both of them are on here or not but the guy who bought my Boxster has just been away with a friend of mine on a long trip (south London to the NC500 and back again) and my old car followed and stayed with the car in front for the whole journey and consistently cost £6 per tankful less to fill up! Both are 2005 2.7s and my old car has probably 20k fewer miles but that shouldn’t be enough to change anything? 

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Right or left handed spanner. Discuss.

2 minutes ago, iborguk said:

We don’t normally seem to settle for anything but the set on here.

Only when spending others' money, not our own.  That said I have a poverty spec 986 S so I've more options in my (comprehensive) tool kit than on my car.

6 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Only when spending others' money, not our own.  That said I have a poverty spec 986 S so I've more options in my (comprehensive) tool kit than on my car.

You car is a cracker, I’ve seen it.
I’m way behind the curve on the tool collection thing but I’m slowly correcting that , although I can be a monkey with a wrench.

I bought a set of flare spanners the other day. Purely because I hadn’t got any and I saw them talked about on here.  Picked up a decent set from Amazon warehouse. Looks like someone bought them, used them and returned them.  

was half price.  I know I will need them one day.  

2 minutes ago, Paul P said:

I bought a set of flare spanners the other day. Purely because I hadn’t got any and I saw them talked about on here.  Picked up a decent set from Amazon warehouse. Looks like someone bought them, used them and returned them.  

was half price.  I know I will need them one day.  

Any time you work on your metal brake lines they are a must.

8 minutes ago, iborguk said:

You car is a cracker, I’ve seen it.
I’m way behind the curve on the tool collection thing but I’m slowly correcting that , although I can be a monkey with a wrench.

Yeah, but I know what's underneath! 

I'm trying to make it better but it is really far from perfect when you look closely, dent and score mark under the frunk for starters where it ahs been grounded in the past...  I think of it as patination and character that show the car's life.

Tools: full top 6 drawer box,  4 draw mid cab and 5 drawer roll cab; that's before we start on power tools.

Sorry :offtopic: