Porsche Boxster Virgin

Porschevirgin1968

2 hours ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

Well the search is over for 3 weeks at least, off to work tomorrow night until Sunday morning then off to South of France Sunday night for 3 weeks. 

Up to you but those you are interested in any private sales, I would phone up and get their email address and/or mobile numbers. Adverts expire if the car has sold or not and some people might not bother renewing all of them. 

1 hour ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

That is £1k more than that 987S with 40k miles more.

I am beginning to think you are just posting links to every Boxster for sale regardless of what it is 😬

Well I have 4 weeks without any searching so shutting all notifications off. I did see a very cheap 986S but it's a Cat C in reasonable nick too. Heading off to enjoy lots of French wine and cheese down on the Med from Sunday, working until I go away, so I can look but deffo can't touch.  Prices might come down a little by time I look again In September. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

Price is a bit salty for a 986 but it's pretty much sorted and looks a decent car in the photos.

986 prices seem to be going up.

2 hours ago, Everywhen said:

Price is a bit salty for a 986 but it's pretty much sorted and looks a decent car in the photos.

986 prices seem to be going up.

Looks a good buy at first glance.  I'd be very disappointed if I ended up paying £1k+ per year on maintenance/refurb with that description.  Probably about what my car owes me after purchase price and nearly 5 years tinkering mostly with my own labour, but main isn't in that good condition.

Edited by ½cwt

1 minute ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

Depends on your own attitude to risk, only you can answer that.

There are plenty of non-Cat cars out there, personally I wouldn't be interested.

Whilst we don't get to see the actual sale prices of most of these cars, there does seem to be an upward trend in 986 prices.   If all the usually required refurb work has been done then technically they should be worth it as the new owner doesn't have to fork out, problem is others see these prices and think a car without that work done is worth the same. 

Watching with interest for when my next car become available.

13 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Well the search could be over, I'm negotiating buying the 987  Boxster S. Not seen anything or driven anything like that one last week. 

7 minutes ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

Yep getting serviced 

whats the reason for the mileage discrepancy in the MOT history?

It does look like good value compared to others you've posted - fingers crossed you can seal the deal - exciting times

Well, this is unreal, enquired about this one, dealer told me car was sold to a lady, then deal has fallen through, just had a call and he has given me first option to buy. Previous owner done his own oil changes, I can't get to drive it before I go on holiday though. 🤔

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202307270126639?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars