iPhone phone holder

daytona74

Oooh, how long is a piece of string… Brodit are pricey, popular, but I have one and not hugely impressed. The Boxster does not have a very obvious location for a phone. Is this just for weekend fun, or daily driving? Towards the latter you should really consider a simple double DIN unit with CarPlay and leave the phone in your pocket. Best for maps also. 

• Like 1

Fortunately my came already fitted with a Rennline phone mount from a previous owner, position isn't too bad to the left of the unit. I only really use the mount for the phones Satnav, and I don't use mine for daily driving. I did contemplate fitting a double din as some others on the forum have done for hands free phone use, but as I'm not sure I long I'm going to keep the car, and the fact that it has Bose (which makes installation very slightly more expensive), I've opted to just go with what I've got. 

https://imgur.com/a/1tso8ft

Edited by AndyM001
  • Like 1

I LIKE that Rennline! Same location as the Brodit but I think a neater solution - and the screwed bracket inside the side panel is much better than my long bracket outside, which keeps slipping down.

I'd like to combine that somehow with a wireless charging system, and I'd be happy.

eBay item number:374123271338  less than £15

Hold the phone using the mag-safe and charges it.

Only one I've found that actually takes the weight of the phone. I use mine on a screen mount, mate uses his on the vent mount.

I prefer phone to be more line of sight so not looking away from driving as much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

I LIKE that Rennline! Same location as the Brodit but I think a neater solution - and the screwed bracket inside the side panel is much better than my long bracket outside, which keeps slipping down.

I'd like to combine that somehow with a wireless charging system, and I'd be happy.

mine is a combination of Brodit and 3rd party bits giving wireless charging (I adapted an Amazon sourced wireless cradle)

Cc1SWtt.jpg

8vHfGvn.jpg

cDDT9Y5.jpg

HpreVEY.jpg

• Thanks 1

I remembered someone had "combined" things, forgot it was you :)   I think that's pretty much what I'll go for Stuart, I just need to fabricate that rennline bracket and then bolt the generic wireless charging cradle to it.

Ebay isn't giving me Patt's item number, but this one has 5k good reviews on Amazon so I hope the magnet is strong enough. Combining this with a rennline bracket would be great. If I can find a similar one that does more than 15w charging, even better.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Designed-Magnetic-Wireless-Compatible-Dashboard-Grey/dp/B07L2M6PK7/ref=sr_1_6 

8 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

It's not actually screwed to the panel, the previous owner used double sided tape (noticed when I had to remove the panel to change the heater fan), but is very secure. I've used the holder a few times and works well for me.